Uprise Digital is a digital marketing agency who’ve set out to support clients to do special things online. We believe there’s a lot broken with the advertising industry and work to make it more transparent, showing our clients clearly the return on investment of their marketing spend.
Our Performance Content team is expanding, looking for a Content Producer / Creator (writing-based) to join our team to help deliver incredible results for clients.
This role will require a mix of strong organisational skills, writing ability and a marketing mind. We don’t simply create content for content’s sake. Our strategies are all based on making measurable business impact for clients.
Given this role is split into two functions, let’s tackle them individually!
The Content Producer role at Uprise is responsible for making sure the set content strategy is being executed on time, at the highest quality.
As a Junior Content Producer, you’ll:
- engage our writers to meet client content needs, providing detailed briefs and managing their time to stay within a set budget.
- provide quality control on drafts; proof-reading, optimising for search engines, and ensuring the piece contributes to the goals of the content strategy.
- support the Performance Content team on production tasks for larger clients.
- negotiate sponsored content placements.
- wrangle social media influencers to help promote clients.
- manage clients’ content marketing creation marketing calendars.
The other side of the role – writing content! It’s essential everyone in our Performance Content team can create excellent content themselves. We require someone who can gain an understanding of a client’s ‘voice’ and can adjust their writing tone accordingly.
You’ll write long form articles, web copy, interactive tool copy, eBooks and any other content that forms part of the client’s marketing strategy.
Our content is designed to make an impact on set marketing metrics, and we’ve got methodologies to ensure this happens. Our team write and brief writers on copy that will perform well in Search (one of our most important marketing channels). The Performance Content team combine creativity with data & digital marketing thinking – so you’ll need to be enthusiastic about both sides!
- Confident relationship skills to wrangle clients, suppliers, writers and influencers (phone, email and in person).
- Excellent writing abilities for marketing & web purposes, both quality and speed
- Organisational skills – manages workload and client budgets efficiently
- Ability to switch focus throughout the day across client portfolio
- Copy editing ability
- Ability to translate a client’s ‘voice’ into writing style
- Understanding and passion of digital marketing as a discipline
- Flexible and open to change or new ideas
- Digital marketing experience
- Video content experience – scripting, storyboarding, briefing etc.
- Photoshop or other design platform experience.
- Search Engine Optimisation understanding
- Google Analytics experience
- Social Media influencer and marketing experience
- Experience managing content publishing (e.g. schedule or calendar)
What makes us happy
- Down-to-earth, friendly, and enthusiastic personalities
- People who get content marketing as opposed to simply content.
- A clear interest in the combination of creativity and data.
- Commercial awareness – ability to tailor hours spent and delivery based on the client investment.
- Eager to dig in and help others wherever needed (‘not my problem’ won’t get you far here).
- Talented writers who have a strong foundation in the English language, but are open to bend rules when it suits the client’s voice.
- A sense of humour.
- Pride in work and attention to detail
- Initiative to solve some challenges independently.
- Ownership and a ‘safe pair of hands’.
- Ambition to grow and develop at Uprise.
- Humility plus confidence.
- People who get excited about the measurable impact of our work.
About Uprise Digital
We’re a team of about 35 people, split between Wellington and Auckland. This role is Wellington-based.
Uprise is made up of various digital marketing disciplines, which combined, allow us to craft successful marketing strategies for clients. Everyone has a voice, and collaboration is what makes our team run so well. You’ll work alongside experts in paid advertising, user experience, design, analytics, programmatic and of course, content. We’re big on personal growth and learning, offering opportunities to upskill frequently.
We have a really cool portfolio of clients that span industries like tourism, real estate, government, SaaS, DIY, health & beauty, horticulture, financial services and plenty more.
Simply put, you’re not going to be bored.
Our team are hard working, but keep a sense of humour always. We’re supportive of each other and you’ll never be made to feel awkward about asking for help either; ‘eager to help’ is one of our values!
Speaking of values, we’re big on these five:
- #alwaysupfront – you will always be transparent and never hide from the facts. You can give and take feedback and will be comfortable having direct conversations with clients and team-mates
- #obsessedwithquality – second rate is never good enough. You do your best possible work every minute of every day with an intense focus on the detail.
- #eagertohelp – you’re naturally service oriented. You’ll jump on requests to help clients and your colleagues, and not think that certain tasks are beneath you (no ego!)
- #bigonwhy – “Why?” is the question you ask the most. You are naturally inquisitive and keen to understand more. However with the answers you know when to act!
- #enjoytheride – we are here to enjoy ourselves, have a laugh, take the mickey out of each other, and generally keep things as light as possible. Work should be fun!
Does this all sound like a bit of you?
Send through your CV and a bit about yourself in a cover letter to our Content Lead firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re able to point us in the direction of content you’ve done that’s out in the wild, this would be helpful.
We will review all applications and let you know either way. Shortlisted candidates will be asked for either a phone or in person interview.