Performance Specialist (Search Engine Optimisation) – Wellington
Uprise is a Wellington-based digital marketing team looking for friendly, down-to-earth people like us. We are driven by the view that huge volumes of marketing dollars are wasted, spent without real alignment to meaningful business goals and backed by poor quality measurement, analysis and care.
Our fast-growing agency creates specialised strategies for our clients across all online marketing channels, with an emphasis on combining the data with smart thinking to help our clients hit their business goals. Our culture supports people to be accountable for their growth. We want you to be the best you can be; Uprise supports all our people in doing this every day!
This role is ideal for someone with 1-3 years experience working in the Search Engine Optimisation space. What we are after is your amazing problem solving, numeracy and analytical skills. We can put these skills to work and help smash our clients’ goals.
So, what will you be doing….
- Auditing client’s websites from a technical SEO perspective, ensuring they’re set up for SEO success and nothing in their website setup holds back our SEO strategies.
- Doing keyword and audience research, and looking at search markets and share of voice metrics to give client’s clarity of the size of the opportunity, their current performance, and what is needed to succeed over the competition.
- Comfortable with Google My Business, both from a platform perspective and what’s needed on the website and other areas to maximise local search.
- The ability to pull this information together into a coherent SEO strategy – a plan of action across technical changes, content creation and syndication methods to get the best organic performance.
- A great knowledge of Google Analytics – what each metric means and what it tells us about our clients business and the success of their channels.
- While not essential, a great working knowledge of Google Tag Manager and the ability to undertake and audit tracking setups would be a valuable asset.
But what makes an Uprise star?
- Insatiable curiosity. Constantly asking questions and challenging information to seek better outcomes.
- Amazing problem solving and analytical skills – you enjoy getting your hands into the data then working stuff out
- Commercial, marketing, entrepreneurial curiosity – how do markets work, why do customers engage and buy, and why do certain businesses win more than others
- Your willingness to run fast at a challenge and be accountable for your results
- You’ll be grounded, humble and able to have a laugh (often at your own expense) – being relaxed in your own skin and not carrying a big ego is critical!
What’s in this for you?
- A position that can let you have real, measurable impact on outcomes for our clients.
- Opportunities for career and personal growth at a pace and direction driven by you!
- Awesome working environment filled with a bunch of genuinely good folk.
- Yes, we have great coffee, fruit, a beer tap, flexible working, a pool table……..but it’s not for show or to tick a “cool agency” box, it’s because we genuinely want our team to enjoy coming to work and to feel comfortable in their environment. When this happens, we believe people do great work!
To find out more, apply now, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org